Save the Dates for Future AUPresses Annual Meetings!
It’s never too early to start thinking about the next AUPresses Annual Meeting! Save the following dates for 2019 and 2020:
Planning for AUPresses 2019 is already in progress!
The Annual Meeting Program Committee – Detroit 2019 will develop what’s sure to be an exciting and enriching meeting for the UP community.
Mary Francis, Michigan, Chair
Walter Biggins, Georgia
Elizabeth Brown, Johns Hopkins
Jane Bunker, Northwestern
Jocelyn Dawson, Duke
Natalie Eidenier, Michigan State
Mark Heineke, Nebraska
Laurie C. Matheson, Illinois
Jennifer Crewe, Columbia
Central Office Liaison
Call for Session Topics!
The Program Committee is currently soliciting proposals and suggestions for the 2019 Annual Meeting. Proposals may address any aspect of scholarly publishing, and the Program Committee especially encourages the following:
- proposals that consider and promote discussions of diversity and inclusion;
- sessions of cross-departmental interest;
- sessions that offer takeaways applicable to presses of all sizes;
- formats that provide a balance of structured presentations and open discussion;
- sessions that offer replicable and scalable ideas, practical and actionable advice;
- innovative session formats
The Program Committee will strive to represent a variety of perspectives in all sessions – presses of different sizes and regions, speakers and facilitators from different departments, career levels, and other variables – with racial and gender diversity being an integral part of that variety.
To submit your ideas, please complete the short proposal form, accessible here. The form will remain open until September 14.
If you have any questions or comments regarding upcoming AUPresses Annual Meetings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.